TheHolders.org

The Holders Wiki Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hey Everyone!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:24 am 

Hey everyone who drops by here regularly and those who might just peek by occasionally.

For those who are still reading, I hope you've been enjoying the series but know it hasn't had a lot of consistent work done on it in a long time. For those who've enjoyed my stories I'm flattered but I also have not touched them in a long time, and I've left them as a representation of the writing I did at that point in my life.

For those still writing, I wish you the best and hope you can keep it at it. The Holders are a great way to start learning some horror tropes and push past them. They work well as even short writing exercises and sometimes it's great to try to re-write stories or holders to try new things.

What are we doing now? Honestly there is little to no contact between the original writers, at least the writers that were around when I was writing, so I don't know about anyone past myself. As for me I'm still writing and have spent the last few years teaching in China and now I'm preparing to head back home. I'm working on a novel and still write short stories whenever I can. My work still has a supernatural/horror factor to it of course : )

I know I can be hard to reach (you can always email me at cagunay@hotmail.com) so I'm going to keep this post open on my computer for as along as I can in case anyone has any questions they want answered. Private messages here don't work as well for me due to the 50 message limit, but I will try to keep up with them.

So yeah I'll be here for a bit, so if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

- Arca

Post subject: Re: Hey Everyone!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:32 am 

Dude!!! Nice to hear back. Heard anything from Sysops at all.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:33 am 

I love China by the way, I plan to do a flagship program in college or travel their backpacking one of these days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:54 pm 

I had a great time in China and I can recommend a year of it or more to anyone. It is a great experience, especially if you've had limited chances to travel.

No sadly I haven't heard anything from the sysop.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:42 am 

Eyyyy Arca I should keep in contact with you more often! Curious what you're up to nowadays. Also kinda hoping I can track down more of us Gen I authors. Mostly Toru, Ed, and Inerio, the latter of which sort of up and evaporated even before the site was dying down.

I'm sure I'm not as popular as any of the other authors, but for anyone who's curious I'm also working on a novel that I hope to finish before the end of the year. I plan on coming back here and advertising it when it's finished. :P

There was a brief time when I was considering making a Holders video game with a designer buddy of mine. Buuuut, I don't think timeless, unknowable, eldritch abominations translate well into visual mediums.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:05 am 

Damascus wrote:
Eyyyy Arca I should keep in contact with you more often! Curious what you're up to nowadays. Also kinda hoping I can track down more of us Gen I authors. Mostly Toru, Ed, and Inerio, the latter of which sort of up and evaporated even before the site was dying down.

I'm sure I'm not as popular as any of the other authors, but for anyone who's curious I'm also working on a novel that I hope to finish before the end of the year. I plan on coming back here and advertising it when it's finished. :P

There was a brief time when I was considering making a Holders video game with a designer buddy of mine. Buuuut, I don't think timeless, unknowable, eldritch abominations translate well into visual mediums.

Hey Damascus! I hope everything is going well! Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:58 pm 

OH MY GOODNESS IT'S ARCA!
I'm new to the forum and the page itself, and WOW, I swear I'm more than obsessed with these things. I just wanna go out and seek for objects but I do fear and respect Him. And I know these are not that real... Unless I test 'em myself.
Oh my goodness. I am so happy to see people ACTUALLY replying on the forums and aaaaaah. I really want to make some contribs to the page with some Legion Objects -because all of the 538 are taken right?- or any Others story -I'm thinking of someone who saw Jack changing to the monster he is? Nothing too clear.-
Oh my god, I'm just too excited ;;