TheHolders.org

The Holders Wiki Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please keep discussion of individual stories on that story's "Discussion" page.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:35 am 

Ah. Just like I said, I'm... one hell of an artist. I made a lot of Holders sketches and some coloured stuff, but that's mostly my imagination and... sogenannte headcanons. So don't hate me for that.

So well. Here are my Holder of Agony (I just love that story), Holder of Bloom, Holder of Love, Holder of Dreams (like I said, don't hate me for my headcanons), Holder of Doom in his best years (that was a palette request from a friend of mine who really liked his story) and Holder of Cosmos. There used to be more, but it's mostly sketches and I don't think anyone would be interested in them.

Aaaaand, by the way, if there's a story you'd like me to illustrate, I'm kind of taking requests. But only Holders stuff. I really want to draw more, but I'm just out of ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:03 am 

These are incredible! I particularly liked the Holder of Agony: the artwork was haunting and does a great job depicting just how horrendous the Holder is. I also really liked how this was done using mostly red, black and white.

If you're taking request, I'd like to request my Holder of Democracy. It would be really cool to see an actual depiction of the Holder after having spent so much describing him with text.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:45 am 

Thanks so much! This one is pretty old, but it took me a while. It was like a gift from me to myself for my 18th birthday. So I still like it.

Okay. I'll try to sketch him today. Should I colour it or just a sketch will be fine?

upd: aaaaaanyways. I did a sketch of him. Damn, I almost ruined both my sketchbook and my green lead. Just hope you'll like it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:47 am 

I love it! At first glance he looks like a stereotypical politician- someone who would not be out of place in the real world. However, the more you stare at him the more off he appears (in an uncanny valley sort of way). You did a very good job depicting the essence of this Holder.

It would be cool to see the Holder colored in, although I'm perfectly fine with it remaining a sketch (particularly if you would like to focus on writing).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:52 am 

Thanks so much! In fact, I always thought I suck in men in suits (that's why I never draw Jack, even though I wanted to). But glad you like it!

Aaaaand if so, I sure will. I haven't updated my gallery for quite a while. Maybe they'll finally beleive that I'm still alive and can do things.

btw, are there any other Holders/Seekers/Others you'd like me to sketch? Not sure whether I'll colour them, but I really want to make some... visual stuff for the Series. Aaaaaand - just wanted to share! - my version of Legion. Never saw him as blonde. Really, like... never.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm 

I've always liked the Holder of War (http://theholders.org/?Holder_of_War), so it would be pretty cool to see a visual of the general/Holder.

Also, I liked the drawing of Legion, although I wasn't a fan of the teeth. In my headcannon, he is human in the strictest medical sense but otherwise looks possessed or like a husk do to his long experience with the Holders. (To be honest, this isn't criticism so much as it is just differences in perspectives). Beyond this, I think your drawing did a good job capturing the nature of Legion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:46 pm 

Well, never drew anything related to military before, but I can try. At least I hope I'll be able to do my best.

I... see. It's just his description from Doom's story - "His teeth were sharp and too long for his mouth, so that they'd puncture his lips whenever he moved his jaw." I just like that description. Anyways, thanks so much!
aaaaaand, by the way, how do you imagine him? Like... details. Maybe I'll re-draw him according to your headcanons.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:11 am 

Honestly, its been awhile since I've read through a lot of the Holders stories. After having read through the Holder of Doom again, I think you pretty much nailed Legion's depiction: a thoroughly corrupted individual who has completely lost any connection to his previous humanity. I had honestly just forgotten the line about his teeth, so criticism withdrawn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:15 am 

That's okay. I just came across several descriptions of him, and some people described him as having white-blonde hair. In fact, that's how the most stories represent him. And I never had such headcanon. Don't know, why, but I simply dislike it.
aaaaaaaand one more headcanon. It was always stated that it was Jack who corrupted Legion, but... I doubt that. Yeah, he is corrupted, but it happened because he wanted it. You see, there were two of them, while Doom didn't want anything like that and Legion spent a lot of time with Jack. On his own free will. No one's forced him to do so, but he did. Jack was not the reason, but he was the way. Howevarrrr... should I make a separate topic for that theory?

By the way, just found some more of my Holders sketches. Here are Holder of Beginning and Balance. Y'see, there was an idea of making the Holders Tarot cards and I did a couple of sketches. But the work was really hard, so I never did anything more.