TheHolders.org

The Holders Wiki Discussion Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please keep discussion of individual stories on that story's "Discussion" page.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:27 am 

Hi, it's been a long, long time since I've posted on this forum and I will say it definitely has changed, in fact I believe the last time I was on here was when there was still talk of a "Second Generation" of Holders that was, in essence, similar.

I was wondering if, at all possible, it was okay for me to try to contribute to the Holders Series through alternate media. The stories on the Holders website itself are, with the exception of some that just don't stand out necessarily, very well-done and fantastic from the tales of the Holders and Seekers to the other things that lurk or shamble in the world.

But I mean I brought this up way back in 2012/2013 when I first joined, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in either seeing or colluding in regards to something done in the style of an Alternate Reality Game of sorts. Not in the manner that it was handled the first time around, but more of a story with some cryptic ARG elements. Think immersive experiences from other horror writing communities- The Slender Man's mythos with it's flagship Marble Hornets that had its share of mystery, intrigue, and puzzle-solving. The Fear Mythos had its share as well with ARGs such as The Puppet's Game and The Viceking's Graab. The SCP Foundation is, in itself, a large metafiction although not necessarily an ARG.

I love the Holders. I've read close to all the stories, both in regards to the 538 and the other entities/stories about Seekers and other beings, and I want to contribute in a way that would be fun and enjoyable and have a sense of, well, not "realism", persay, but interactivity. Of course, if I need to talk with people to see what plot points and ideas I can and cannot go by and what things I absolutely can and cannot do, I would adhere to any guidelines necessary, but I was hoping to do a story that was told through blog format about the Holders series. Again this was something I attempted earlier but took liberties and in the end just went nowhere, but I love the series and I would like to contribute to it in any way possible, and if possible I could make a story within the Holders Series that was told through an Alternate Reality Game/fictional blog narrative.

Hello! I am ZacksQuest. I am a somewhat-experienced Fear Mythos member, and now I wish to try my hand at the first horror internet series that ever caught my eye! I'm a little cautious, so I'll wait and see first. : )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:39 am 

I think that this is an awesome idea. Creepypasta is meant to be spread around and enjoyed in fun and innovative ways. The website we are on is great and all, but it isn’t editable and the Holders canon has essentially been jammed behind a glass case (much like a historical painting) where it can’t be touched. I think an Alternate Reality Game would be a good way to breathe new life into the Holders and introduce new readers to it.

Unfortunately, I really don’t have that much free time currently due to events in real life so I wouldn’t be much use as a colluder. I’d still be really interested in reading the results of the game though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm 

I would be willing to help. (Even with my limited resources)
Email me at Darrentheassasin@gmail.com.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:28 pm 

I would be willing to help. (Even with my limited resources)
Email me at Darrentheassasin@gmail.com.