The Holders Wiki Discussion Forum
It is currently Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

1. Respect others
2. Post only with good intentions

Post subject: Is anyone still here?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:39 pm 

I'm gonna have to do this, I want to see if there are many people left around here.

plus, I want to vent a little bit about how upsetting it is to see the holders being forgotten. because I can.

one of my most treasured memories from my first year of secondary school happened in the school computer room, where I was hiding from a group of year 11s who were bullying me pretty badly. normally, this would suck, but at this point I was the only one there, and thus could browse whatever I want (within the school's internet filter).
At this point I was very into creepypastas, and would often read them online during these hiding sessions, but the school's IT guys were hell bent on taking away my fun, and at this point had pretty much blocked every creepypasta site there was.
It was in that darkened computer room that I can across theholders.org, and a way to waste time that lasted through the whole year (or at least until I discovered D&D), and I have many fond memories of hiding away to read the stories people would post, though I never signed up (young me thought it'd bring the site to the IT's attention).

Recently, a friend reminded me of the stories, and I came back to see what had become of the site, expecting to see what I had left: a community of creative writers and lots more great stories. What I found instead was like walking through the ruins of a great city, or watching a great ship slowly decay into a rusty wreck. The site was dead, and nowhere could I find a reason why, but it was just... empty. The last news post was 2013, and it was about a spam bot attack, certainly nothing about the site closing or anything. The only other thing I can liken it to is the Mary Celeste, everything seemed to be running as per normal, I could see the day to day, but there was no one there, as if the owner had just up and left one day, without warning or reason.

That's my vent over. Please do get back to me if there are still people active here, I'd like to know that I'm not just shouting into the void, though at the quality of what I've written it might be better that way XD

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:18 pm 

It’s a long story, but basically there was a lot of staff inactivity and we got hit by spambots. After a failed attempt to create another website, Sysop came back in November of 2013 and cleaned up the spambot problem. However, he accidently locked the main site and now no one is able to edit it. Sysop said he was working on improving software, but we haven’t heard back from him since December of 2013.

Site activity has pretty much stopped since then since it’s impossible to post new stories. A few of us are still active in the sense that we check in every now and again, but the Holders series is going to be dead for the foreseeable future unless Sysop comes back or another Holders website gets created.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:44 am 

That's pretty sad. I did send an email his was (using the holders email address, of course) and I haven't gotten anything back yet, but it's only been two days, so I haven't given up yet.

But at least there are still people who come here, I was starting to think that I'd made a pointless post :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:17 am 

I just got in to it a few months ago, and come to find out the story I just wrote was not able to be posted, I'll try Creepypasta.com in sit till this site is fixed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:56 am 

I think the creator has left forever, so you'll have to wait until we get a new website, though I don't know when that'd be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:40 pm 

Yeah I just got a reply from Arca, apparently no one know where in the actual fuck Sysops went, he just dropped of the face of the earth or got lost seeking heavens forbid. I'm just going to search to see if I can get a formal conformation about the site from the creator himself. I'll post it here If I find out anything. ;) :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:40 pm 

Cool, please do. I'll be here :D